If you have permission to stay as a refugee or you have humanitarian protection for a limited time after a failed asylum application or are stateless, you may be able to apply for a UK travel document to allow you to travel in and out of the UK. 

Refugees can obtain a Convention Travel document and Stateless people a Stateless Document, but others who wish to apply may be able to get a Certificate of Travel, if they can show that they have formally applied for a passport from the authorities in their own country and have been unreasonably refused. They will be required to provide supporting documentation to show this.

Contact us today on 0808 166 8831 or email a.minnaar@sydneymitchell.co.uk or m.southall@sydneymitchell.co.uk alternatively complete our online enquiry form.

UK Top Tier Firm 2021 Lexcel Practice Management Standard Birmingham Law Firm of the Year for 2011 Resolution Collaborative Family Lawyer
The Law Society Accredited in Family Law Conveyancing Quality Scheme