Careers with Sydney Mitchell
Benefits Sydney Mitchell can offer you:
- Working for an extremely well established legal firm - in operation for 250 years
- Group Stakeholder Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows. Access to a tax efficient salary sacrifice option
- Access to a travel scheme - Purchase annual travel cards at a reduced cost
- Healthcare plan - Financial assistance towards a range of healthcare including optical, dental and counselling
- Access to a Childcare Voucher Scheme - The option to sacrifice part of your salary to receive Tax and NI free childcare
- 25 days holiday (2 to be taken at Christmas/New Year) plus public holidays
- Flexible holiday purchase / sale scheme.
Private Client Assistant - Shirley Office. Start date Mid April
A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience working in a private client department of a well respected law firm required. More senior candidates will be considered. Candidates with contacts or clients to bring will be given priority but this is not essential.
- To handle private client work including wills, trusts and probates coming into Shirley office.
- To generate new high net worth clients for the private client department
- To generate new work from existing client base, including increasing cross selling of private client work by other departments and reciprocity where possible
- To identify and secure new and existing sources of work for the firm from intermediaries, brokers or businesses operating in the professional sector e.g. banks, accountants, IFA's etc.
Salary: Market Rates
If you are interested in this opportunity please submit your CV, covering letter and salary requirements to Sarah Archer, Finance Partner at the Shirley Office (346 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull, B90 3DN) or by email to email@example.com
Legal Secretary-Property Department Sheldon Office
We are looking for an experienced Legal Secretary to work 4 days a week in the Property Department at our Sheldon Office. The role will be busy and varied and will also include some work in the Probate Department. Knowledge of Wills/Probate would therefore be an advantage but is not essential. Strong audio and copy typing speeds are required as well as the ability to liaise with clients in a professional manner.
If you have the experience we are looking for please submit a CV, covering letter and indication of salary requirements by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Students often write to us with a CV in the hope of securing work experience to support their studies or as part of their career choice at school. We are grateful for this interest and note each one. As a firm we have resolved to ensure that we offer the best training options and therefore only have a limited number of placements available.
Currently we will not have any work experience opportunties available throughout 2015