Careers with Sydney Mitchell
Benefits Sydney Mitchell can offer you:
- Working for an extremely well established legal firm - in operation for 250 years
- Group Stakeholder Pension Scheme with Scottish Widows. Access to a tax efficient salary sacrifice option
- Access to a travel scheme - Purchase annual travel cards at a reduced cost
- Healthcare plan - Financial assistance towards a range of healthcare including optical, dental and counselling
- Access to a Childcare Voucher Scheme - The option to sacrifice part of your salary to receive Tax and NI free childcare
- 25 days holiday (2 to be taken at Christmas/New Year) plus public holidays
- Flexible holiday purchase / sale scheme.
Credit Controller/Legal Cashier
Experienced Credit Controller required to join busy legal accounts team based at Shirley Office. Travel to offices in Sheldon and Birmingham City Centre required.
The role includes:
- Posting bills, reconciling ledgers and preparing statements
- Credit checking using D&B, monitoring credit profiles
- Reconciling ledgers
- Monitoring work in progress levels, payments on account and unpaid debts
- Regular meetings and liaision with Partners and fee earners
- Collection of outstanding debts
- Credit card payments, standing orders and any other agreed payment profiles
- Assisting with legal debt collection process
- Working to cash collection targets
- Reports to the Partnership
- Supporting the Accounts team with payments and other areas when workload or holidays require
Candidates with some legal accounts experience and some relevant accounting or credit control training are preferred.
If you are interested in this opportunity please send your details to Sarah Archer, Finance Partner at the Shirley Office (346 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull B90 3DN) or by email to email@example.com
Legal Secretaries Required
Full time Legal Secretary required to join the Private Client team in Shirley Office. Working as part of a team assisting fee earners within the department. Experience of working within Wills/Probate required.
Temporary work is also available from time to time, in a wide range of legal departments for holiday cover and to assist with workload peaks.
Experience of audio transcription and Microsoft Word essential for these positions. Use of a Case Management system desirable. Those with good academics, legal experience and fast typing speeds preferred.
If you are interested in either of these opportunities please write with CV and salary expectation to Sue Salvin-Day, HR Manager at 346 Stratford Road, Shirley, Solihull B90 3DN or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you are applying for the temporary work please give an indication of your availability.
No agencies please.
Students often write to us with a CV in the hope of securing work experience to support their studies or as part of their career choice at school. We are grateful for this interest and note each one. As a firm we have resolved to ensure that we offer the best training options and therefore only have a limited number of placements available.
Currently we will not have any work experience opportunties available throughout 2014